Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Music

Music to me is more than just lyrics and beat, its culture. Music makes the culture we live in today. Music is basically my life. Everywhere I go I'm listening to music, whether I'm in the car or my phone is ringing. I am a HUGE fan of Lil Wayne. /1.bp. I know your first thought is "Oh my God she's so ghettho," I'm really not. I love his rhymes. If you sit and listen closely he has some of the sickest rhymes. I also love the beat of his songs. I think that majority of people can say that this summer they were jammin to his hit single "Lollipop".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIG1Vr0h_aE

I'm also a big fan of Kanye West. I like Kanye because he is different than all the others. He's always has a fresh style. His glasses became a huge hit. Two of my favorite songs by Kanye are, "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless". The lyrics are nothing like you heard before and the beats can have you humming all day.
As I previously stated, music is a culture, another one of my musical preferences comes from my culture. I love Arabic music. My overall favorite Arabic singer is Amr Diab. I like his songs because he sings all the love songs. I first fell in love with his music when I went to Lebanon two years ago. Some of the words I didn't understand at first, but I sang along anyway and no matter what CD is in my car now, you'll always find at least one track with him.

No comments: