Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Presidential Election

I feel that the results of the presidential election were in a way predictable. Although we thought that it could be between either, there were so many strong followers of Obama. I think that a large issue that has to be taken care by the new president elect is the war in Iraq. I'm sure everyone can agree when I say that the war needs to be resolved and ended. The election relates to the identity we've been exploring in our class because it shows that no matter the race or the religion of the candidate its about their beliefs and what they are going to do to help our country. We learned in multiple stories about individuals that stand up for what they believe in.

3 comments:

Raina said...

Overall, I think you had good ideas in your response. I think you could improve it a little by adding commas and details at the end. Talk about what stories we talked about that compare to the election. Also, you forgot to put the word of while talking about the war with Iraq.

Jen. RW. said...

I agree with your response. Even though people say that he's young and doesn't have experience, he seems wise beyond his years. A powerful speaker, I feel that there will be many more changes brought about by him rather than if John McCain was elected.

Robyn_VanHorn said...

There were a couple of times when you miss commas. However, I agree that we should come out of Iraq. I really don't see the purpose in the U.S being over there. No one has even giving us (the public) a logical reason. I believe that the Troops are over there for another reason that Bush didn't want us (the public) to know about.